Friday, November 4, 2011

Animated Poetry

I recently have started to try to focus on the different mediums stories can be told in and trying to decide which one works best for ideas I have and stories that I have already written.  I have also been looking at the literary magazine sites that I have linked on my blog, hoping to find something to write about.  I have been watching many short films on Wholphin's (a short film quarterly magazine that I subscribe to) website.  While most of them do not live up to the fantastic work that can be found within their magazine or dvd or whatever you want to call it, they had this film entitled ' Film: The Country', which is really just an animated poem by Billy Collins.  I had never read the poem before, but it is funny and whimsical, and so is the animation.  I think it is the perfect medium for this particular poem. (You can check it out in the link above, and let me know what you think.)

No comments:

Post a Comment