Friday, October 7, 2011

Short Story Inspiration

My short story, currently titled 'Glamazon', was largely inspired by Raven (a drag queen from season 2 of Rupaul's Drag Race, as well as a professor on Rupaul's Drag U).  If anyone is interested in watching one of her performances, here is the one that is partially described within the story.  Also, as a side note, during the workshop a few people mentioned being unsure what 'fish' meant and when I got to talk I forgot to clarify.  If a drag queen is fish, they look like a real woman, or what they might refer to as a biological woman.  Anyway, here is the video.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this and it made me think it could be David before Raven: http://darksilenceinsuburbia.tumblr.com/post/11138597409/artchipel-gonzalo-benard-gbenard-portrait

    ReplyDelete
  2. That guy actually kind of does remind me of David, cause he is kind of punk and hard-edged.

    ReplyDelete