Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scary Movies

This post has nothing to do with writing, although I guess it may inspire some later. I want to know what people's favourite scary movies are, maybe not even favourite, but what movies they think are the scariest.  Its not for a project, but just because I want to watch some really scary movies. I will be watching them with a small group of people in a fairly secluded cabin after going to what is supposed to be a very good haunted house production in Strasbourg.  Keeping that in mind, anything that would make us paranoid into thinking a slasher was outside might be good, but anything scary should work and suggestions are much appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Movies what scare me: The Exorcism of Emily Rose, Paranormal Activity, The Exorcist, The Omen

    But the scariest movie I've ever seen in my life is Insidious. Since seeing it almost a year ago, there's hardly a night I don't think about it before going to bed. If you didn't think Tiptoe Through the Tulips was creepy before this movie, you certainly will after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're going to watch at least ONE movie in a Cabin in the woods, then that movie has to be the original Evil Dead.

    A couple of college students go for vacation in the woods, they discover a book bound in human flesh and inked in human blood, and accidentally awaken a force from beyond the grave. THE indie horror cult classic of the 1970's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite scary movie of all time HAS to be the Blair Witch Project. It gets me every time! I also got pretty freaked out in the Paranormal Activity movies. I absolutely love Halloween, so I have a couple more that I watch EVERY year at Halloween...they aren't scary in a horror kind of way, but they are great for people who are into musical theatre. I am a huge Rocky Horror Picture Show fan. So that would be one to watch if you want to lighten the mood. And the other one I love to watch around Halloween is definitely Repo the Genetic Opera! It's gory and crazy and it's a rock opera so...I also have to agree with Christian about the Evil Dead hahaha Even though it's super old, it's pretty messed up and definitely worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete